Sunday, October 14, 2018

Slanty Stars


Ok, I remembered this concept but couldn’t find any pics with reference to the original title or pattern. So, I’ll share it here, as I created it.

Sew three 2.5”x6.5” strips together.





























Next, cut 5x3.5” rectangles if accent fabric, and slice once on the diagonal. Set them on the 3 strip patch like so
:

I believe it was 2 3/4” in on the bottom. I used a tiny piece of tape on my small cutting board so I could do the same all the time. See 1/4” into the yellow.


Cut along the right edge of the yellow triangle. Flip and iron.


Now trim to a 6.5” square. Place four together and sew into a block! Trim edges to make square. Sew together with others to make your quilt! I did 5x7 blocks, with two non-star blocks at the edge, alternating which side. This set them diagonally to create movement but isn’t necessary. My completed quilt is 63x80.


No comments:

Post a Comment